Captain Fun in action

Captain Fun in action

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Birthday Boy

Today is a work day for me, but my family got me out for a little Birthday celebrating last Sunday.  I'm truely blessed at 61 to be able to work, play, surf, enjoy the love of family and the radiance of God's profound love for me inspite of myself.  "All this and salvation too" is a common phrase I like to reflect upon. 

Some birthdays are easier than others. If you are facing some of life challenges, or even deep despair (as I have in the past),  please be patient with yourself as my friends were with me and look forward. Don't go it alone. Surround yourself with those who will help each in their own way and let them be your companions on the road to recovery! 



  Here I am with family and friends at "Top of The Market" on San Diego bay.  This is a favorite of mine and Jeanne too.  Great place for a leisurely lunch and birthday desserts.


Lisa made friends with a native San Diegan party crasher.  I love the view and tradition this restaurant is for my family.  My grandmother used to take us here when it was Tom Lai's cantonese food.  My Mom recalled when this opened during WWII. 


My complementary birthday cake was a little small for sharing, so we ordered from the desert tray the waiter brought around.  Hope your next birthday is as pleasant as mine this year.  Thanks for all the birthday calls today as well!  I'm touched.

No comments:

Post a Comment